Alternative to bleach.
Give your laundry a boost with this people- and planet-friendly bleach alternative Oxygen Brightener. This color-safe laundry boosting oxygen brightener works great as an addition to your laundry routine, or anywhere in your home you need a little extra kick. Try it on your favorite coffee and tea mugs to cut through any buildup!
✓ Palm-Oil Free
Net Weight 2 lb
Goes Great With:
Full Ingredient List: Sodium Carbonate Peroxide (Sodium Percarbonate), Sodium Carbonate (Washing Soda)
More Detailed Information On Ingredients:
- Sodium Carbonate Peroxide: More commonly called Sodium Percarbonate. A people- and planet-friendly oxidizer, sodium percarbonate breaks down organic dirts and stains to make them easier to remove from your clothes and home. Upon completion of the reaction, all that remains of sodium percarbonate is water and oxygen.
- Sodium Carbonate: Also known as washing soda or soda ash, sodium carbonate is a pH adjuster. It raises the pH of the washing water, which results in more effective cleaning. For this reason it's often referred to as a laundry 'booster'.
Cardboard body with metal top and bottom.
- Add 1 Tablespoon to a normal load of laundry.
- For large/heavy loads, double it.
- Use with any water temp (for best results, warmer is better) and most fabrics (do not use with wool or silk)
- Test colored fabrics for color-fastness
- For general household cleaning, mix 1 Tablespoon of Oxygen Brightener with 8-16 oz. of warm water (about 1/4- to 1/2-cup of Oxygen Brightener per gallon of water)
- DO NOT MIX with Chlorine, Ammonia, or any other chemicals.
- Contains Sodium Percarbonate, which may irritate eyes or skin.
- In case of eye contact, rinse with water for 15 minutes.
- In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water.
- If ingested, do not induce vomiting; drink plenty of water to dilute.
End of Life Instructions
Reuse or recycle tin.
Where It Comes From
Meliora is a Chicago-based company started by environmental engineers determined to develop non-toxic cleaning products that were safe for people and the environment and actually work! They are B Corps, Leaping Bunny, and Made Safe certified. They are also fellow members of 1% for the Planet and donate an additional 1% of their annual revenues to Women's Voices for the Earth. All of their products are manufactured in their own factories in Chicago, IL.