Guppyfriend Microplastic Washing BagGUPPYFRIEND
Alternative to letting the microplastics from your synthetic fabrics wash down the drain.
The Guppyfriend Washing Bag is the most effective hands-on solution against microplastic pollution from washing.
- It reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes
- It filters the few fibers that do break
- It’s a daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals
- size: 29.1 x 19.7 in (74 x 50 cm)
- material: polyamid 6.6 untreated
Every textile loses microfibers, but it is the synthetic materials (polyester, acrylic, nylon, etc.) that shed the harmful fibers. Most apparel contains synthetic fibers to some degree (unfortunately, sometimes it is not stated on the label).
You can also put pure cotton and wool inside the bag. Textiles from natural materials also lose fibers. The bag reduces fiber breakage, thus protects your garments and reduces wear and tear. You’ll enjoy your clothes for much longer – another sustainability benefit of the Guppfriend Washing Bag.
Goes Great With:
- Fill up to ⅔ – the textiles need to move inside the bag
- Wash the filled washing bag together with lose textiles
- Wash max. at 40 ° C / 104° F/ warm
- Use detergents without plastic liquids. For example abrasives, binding and film-forming agents, rubber and silicones, opacifiers, acrylates and cross-polymers
- Remove coarse dirt and animal hair before washing
- Do not rinse under running water
- Avoid sharp items
- Do not iron- the wrinkled surface is not a problem
- Do not use tumble dry
- Do not dry in direct sunlight
- Always slide the zipper into the designated “garage” at the end of the zipper
Depending on what you wash it may take a couple of washes until you find fibers in the upper corners of your bag. Older apparel has the tendency to lose more fibers. The hotter your water, the more likely you’ll lose fibers. And if you only wash soft fabrics, fewer microfibers will break, etc. Whenever you see fibers, take them out, but you can certainly use the washing bag several times before removing the fibers. Make sure that there are no dark microfibers left in the bag when you wash clothes with lighter colors.
End of Life Instructions
Box is recyclable and compostable. Please send your Guppyfriend back at the end of its lifecycle. We´ll reuse and eventually recycle it into new Guppyfriend Washing Bags.
Where It Comes From
STOP! Micro Waste is a nonprofit initiative and is dedicated to raise awareness about the (micro)plastic problem. They aim to explore and initiate great ideas on how to avoid, replace and re-use plastics in every day life and beyond.
More information on